Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ohio Tough Mudder 2012 Report Part 1

Saturday, a five-person team including hubs and my brother John, took on the Michigan/Ohio Tough Mudder in Amherst, Ohio. (see my preview here). While they were running/slogging/climbing/jumping/crawling through the mud, I collected these photos via Twitter of the day. Tomorrow I'll blog some of pictures hubs shared and some more that my sister-in-law took.

Participants came in all shapes and sizes. The oldest person registered was 82. Chris said he was surprised how many women came out for the challenge, too. And no, in the photo, that's not a real baby!
this one made me laugh - source

The next several pictures show some of the obstacles the teams had to overcome:
the half-pipe (source)

this is one of my favorites because you can see how cold the spectators are under their umbrellas and you can see the guy who fell off the mega-monkey bars into the water (source)

The 30 feet jump off the platform into the 40 degree water (courtesy of my sister-in-law)

actual caption: "I thought you said this was tough?!?" lol - (source)

same obstacle as the one above, from a different angle. It's called "electric eel" - source

another wall to climb - source

the last obstacle - running thru live electric wires (source)

4 of the 5 guys on the team, courtesy of Steve (on left)

Great report on the big "take away" http://www.runninghighfive.blogspot.com/2012/04/whoo-rah.html

Chris loved the experience and is already recruiting friends to participate in the Tampa Tough Mudder December 1st and 2nd!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...