Monday, December 20, 2010

Cookie Party 2010 Recap

The Cookie Party Friday was a big success. We all had a great time with good friends. Unluckily most of my pictures are of cookies rather than friends (whoops) but here are the photos, followed by some notes that are mostly for me so I can remember the details for next year!

sour cream sugar cookies
Abby and her Mom


Over the course of the evening, we had 16 guests (plus the 3 of us) for a total of 19. I made a quadruple batch of Cheddar Chicken Chowder (see new notes on that post on making it in large volume). That was just about the right amount - there was enough to send home 4 cups each with Jenn and Britain for their men who weren't feeling well and have a little leftover for us. We also had 6 batches of sloppy Joe's (3 large cans of sauce and 6 pounds of ground meat, half turkey and half lean ground beef). At the party, we ate 17 sloppy Joe's. We also had it for dinner Thursday night, and had leftovers for the weekend. We also served it Saturday at our little Cookie Party encore. While I clearly made too much, it was not more than we could eat.

In the cookie department, I made 3 batches of dough for White Velvet Cutouts, 1 for Sour Cream Sugar Cookies and 2 for Cut Butter Cookies. Definitely overkill! We have lots of dough leftover. I think 2/2/1 would have been adequate. But, of course, it won't go to waste. :)

For sprinkles and other extras, we are out of green food color (thank goodness yellow and blue make green!) and out of yellow stars for "tree decorating." This was the second year that I couldn't find mini m&m's. Publix used to carry them in the baking aisle (with the chocolate chips). I haven't been able to find them in the candy aisle either, and I've looked at Publix and Target. The minis make great ornaments on trees and they are just the right size to be Rudolph's red nose too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...