We ended up with a three pound tub of sour cream (seriously, it was enormous!!) after I hosted my co-workers for a potluck Mexican fiesta. We used two cups in the topping for a peanut butter cup cheesecake for our babysitter for her 16th birthday and still had a lot left so I googled sour cream muffin and came across this great recipe.We had just tried a new muffin recipe earlier that week (one that was meant to be the "best ever") so this one is a good contrast to that one. T took one bite and said, "Amazing!"
Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Muffins
Servings: 12 muffins
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 cup sour cream
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line one cupcake pan with liners, set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. In another large bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, melted butter, and vanilla extract, mixing well.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined.
6. Gently add in the chocolate chips until thoroughly combined.
7. Evenly divide the batter among the prepared cupcake liners (I use a large ice cream scoop for this) so that the liners are about 3/4-full.
8. Bake until a tester inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean, about 14-18 minutes.
(from Taste of Home via The Curvy Carrot)