Thursday, June 17, 2010

Between a Heart and a Rock Place

While we drove across 4 states today I read Pat Benatar's new auto-bio: Between a Heart and a Rock Place: A Memoir
Between a Heart and a Rock Place: A Memoir


If you grew up listening to her iconic sound, this is a must read! It's an introspective and very honest look at her life and career. I was a huge fan in middle school and high school and had several of her albums (yes, on vinyl... embarrassing!). Today I wished I had all of them loaded on my ipod so I could listen along as she talked about the crafting of each one. It also made me want to check out some of her more recent songs and videos. I was really impressed with the commitment to and way she and Neil Giraldo balance work and family.

From 1991's blues jump album, the title track, True Love:



What is your favorite Pat Benatar song? I might have to do a blog post... because even narrowing it down to my top 5 favorites might be difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...