Thursday, April 14, 2011

Go Tribe!

I wanted to blog about the Cleveland Indians for opening day but I was at SEPC and time got away from me. Normally (since moving away from CLE over a decade ago), I wouldn't be paying much attention to professional baseball in April (in favor of FSU/college ball) but my friend Meagan tweeted me a link in March to the social media work the Indians organization set up for the 2011 season. Here's a synopsis:

It got me excited to follow the team (@Indians@tribetalk plus the front office, manager and players are on Twitter, visit http://twitter.com/#!/indians for a full list), and wow what a ride the season has been so far! No expects much of the Tribe, but they have been playing great baseball this April, and it's been a lot of fun to follow along.
my brother and me, ready to cheer on the Indians
I've been to, watched, and listened to a lot of games, in winning times (we played the World Series on multiple screens at our wedding reception in 1995) and not so winning (when we were kids (see photo), my Dad used to take us to a double-header every summer for my brother's birthday; I think I was in college before I ever saw them win in person!). So here's to the Tribe! Give them a follow in 2011 and remember (in the immortal words of Ebby Calvin LaLoosh in the iconic baseball film Bull Durham): "This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...