This is one of the bravest authors you will ever read. Not only does she share her story, she exposes everything she was going through by using excerpts from journals she kept at the time. Here's an example:
"What people don't seem to get is the guy doesn't haul off and hit you on the first date. First there is the falling in love, followed by the extreme need, and then there's this slow erosion of self until without noticing it, the woman becomes unrecognizable even to herself"The other thing that sets this book apart from other similar memoirs (like Leslie Morgan Steiner's Crazy Love which I recommend here) is the way the author shares the aftermath. What happens to you in a relationship like this stays with you for a long time. Recovery is not easy; it takes time, patience, and determination.
Not only is Ms. Waldal courageous, she is also generous, and has offered a copy of her book to one of my blog readers. She'll even sign it personally to the winner! To enter (one point each)
- comment below (include your email address if you think I don't have it already)
- follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/amy_z (comment to let me know)
- follow Elin Waldal on twitter: http://twitter.com/ElinWaldal (comment to let me know)
- tweet about the giveaway - use hashtag #teendvbook (if your profile is private, comment here to let me know)
- share this post on facebook (comment to let me know)
Winner will be drawn at random from all entries on Thursday, April 21st at noon EDT. Good luck!
Reading this book could save someone's life.