Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fun Times in the Madison Area - Chops

One last date to report on from our last trip to Ohio... which was in November. Better late than never, right? I have lots of drafted posts I hope to finish in the next month or so. Our neighbor-brother Lynn recommended Chops Grille & Tap House, which is one of his favorite haunts.

This is a big restaurant with a separate sports bar. It has a big glossy menu like a chain restaurant but I'm pretty sure this is their only location. The service was great - friendly and fast - the staff is clearly used to dealing with large crowds and keeping everyone moving.

Along with our Great Lakes beers (which they have on tap, and at great happy hour prices!) we shared an appetizer, the Shrimp Griller: Two skewers, seasoned with Chops special spices and served withWasabi sauce over a bed of onion tanglers. It was prepared perfectly - the shrimp were tender and tasty.

For dinner, hubs ordered baby back ribs (as recommended by Lynn) and I had a strip steak. Both came with two sides; we each had a house salad and as you can see, I had a loaded baked potato.

A combination of our two dinners - strip steak on left, ribs on right
along with the giant baked potato I had the next day for lunch

A good meal at a good price - we'd definitely recommend it.

1752 South Broadway (just north of I-90 at 534) 
Geneva, Ohio 44041
(I-90 at Rt 534)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...