Monday, June 27, 2011

Beach Reads

A sample of what we were all reading at the beach!
 A few from Chrissy's pile: How to Tame a Modern Rogue and To Defy a King

 Mom enjoyed The Lucky One

John read Crystal Gorge Book Three - The Dreamers and Red Mars (see left stack, below)

Gayle's pile (on right) included All I Ever Wanted, The Cinderella Deal, Nothing But Trouble, Practice Makes Perfect, Dinner First, Me Later? and How to Tame a Modern Rogue (wonder if we really had two copies?). Gayle says, "I'm a fan of Rachel Gibson & Jennifer Cruise - I'll read anything of theirs. Fun beach reads."

I am reading (on the kindle so no fun photos) Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time (as recommended at Recruitment Training), A Knight's Enchantment and with Thomas, The Trumpet of the Swan 
Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time A Knight's Enchantment The Trumpet of the Swan (full color)

I didn't get a photo of the stack of books Ethan (age 10) and Elliot (6, though he told everyone he is 7) brought along but one that their Mom was trying to get them to read looked great to me: The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate. (It was a Newbery Honor Book for 2010.)
The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate

2 comments:

  1. Gabe and I are reading "The Trumpet of The Swan" too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! It's one of our favorites - this is the fourth summer Thomas and I have kicked off by reading it together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...