Friday, January 24, 2014

Family History Friday - Aunt Lillian's Wedding Parts 3, 4 & 5

Are you ready for the next parts of the wedding? Father Leo sounds a bit like he has a mouth full of marbles during parts of these, so if you're reading along in the transcript while listening, please recommend any edits you hear differently than I did!

Part 1 here
Part 2 here


Transcription:

And because these words involve such solemn vows as these, it is most fitting that to risk the security of unwed life upon the great risk of love's self-sacrifice. And so to begin your married life by the voluntary and complete surrender of your individual lives in the interest of that deeper and wider life which you are to have in common. Henceforth you will have value in each other. You will be one in mind, one in heart, and one in the senses. Whatever sacrifice you may be asked or be required to make to preserve this common life always make them generously. Sacrifice can be made to seem irksome but love can make it easy. And perfect love can make it a joy. We are willing to give in proportion to love. And when love is perfect a sacrifice is complete. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son ... for our salvation. Greater love than this no man has. That a man lay down his life for his friends.

No greater blessing can come to your married life than with pure conjugal love, loyal and true to the end. May then this love with which you join your hands and hearts today never fail but grow deeper and stronger as the years go on. And with true love being unselfish and a perfect sacrifice guide your every action you can expect the greatest measure of perfect happiness that may be allotted to man in this gated? theatre. The rest is in the hands of God as you kneel before him?

lifelong support of His ?? and the holy sacrament which you now are going to receive

Father: John Krizansky will thou take Lillian Zoldak, here present, for your lawful wife, according to the light of our holy Mother, the Church? Say "I will."

John K: I will.

Father: Lillian Zoldak, will thou take John Krizansky, here present, for your lawful husband, according to the light of our holy Mother, the Church? Say "I will."

Lillian: I will.

[Vows, repeated after Father with pauses where marked]

I, John Krizansky, /take thee, /Lillian /Zoldak /for my lawful /wife /to have /and to hold /from this day forward /for better /for worse /for richer /for poorer /in sickness /and in health /until death /do us part /so help me God.

I, Lillian Zoldak, /take thee, /John Krizansky /for my lawful /husband /to have /and to hold /from this day forward /for better /for worse /for richer /for poorer /in sickness /and in health /until death /do us part /so help me God.

[Latin marriage words and what sounds like incense]

[Father singing in Latin]



John (repeating after Father): With this ring /I thee wed /And I pledge /unto thee /my troth

[Father chanting/singing in Latin. Response from what sounds like a single person - blessing of the ring?]

John (repeating after Father): So help me God, / the Blessed /and Immaculate / Virgin Mary, /and all the Saints /in Heaven /that I, John /that I, John /do really love /Lillian /and loving her /I take her /for my lawful /wife /according to the commandments /of God /and the custom /of the Catholic Church /that I will never /forsake her /until her /or my death /in any /adversity /so help me God

Lillian (repeating after Father): So help me God, / the Blessed /and Immaculate / Virgin Mary, /and all the Saints /in Heaven /that I, Lillian /do really love /John /and loving him /I take him /for my lawful /husband /according /to the commandments /of God /and the custom /of the Catholic Church /that I will never /forsake him /until his /or my death /in any /adversity /so help me God

[Father: speaking in Latin, blessing the couple?]


[Music and church bells and more music]

Narrator: Mrs. Lebach now sings "Ave Maria"

Ave Maria, Ave Maria
Ave Maria, gratia plena.
Maria, gratia plena
Maria, gratia plena
Ave, ave dominus,
Dominus tecum.
Benedicta tu in mulieribus,
Et benedictus
Et benedictus fructus ventris,
Ventris tui, Jesus.
Ave Maria.
John and Lillian's 25th Anniversary, 1974
From left to right: Grandma Zoldak, Rosemarie, Ronnie Rendessy, Margaret,
Lillian, John, Florence, Paul Rendessy, John Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...