Thursday, January 9, 2014

FSU National Champions at Football!!!

Even though it's been a few days since the BCS National Championship Game, it's still hard to believe that FSU really won. Perhaps this comes from too many years of being a Cleveland sports fan, during which none of my teams have made it to the finish and won that big game when it mattered most, but it's hard to even take in the moment. I guess we'll just have to celebrate a little.

We have been season ticket holders for ten years now. The team has always been good - never below .500, always invited to a bowl game. We've been to big games that they've won and to big games that they've lost. We've sweated and nearly gotten heat stroke at some games and gotten soaked to the bone in the rain at others. It's always fun and such a blessing to have the opportunity to experience great college football in person.

I'm going to be totally honest and admit that I didn't have the fortitude to stay up and watch the whole game Monday night. The anxiety was about killing me. I kept taking breaks to clean the kitchen and do other chores to distract myself from what looked like it might turn into a full-scale implosion. I also knew that if anyone could rally, it was this team. That's why I'm not surprised that I woke up to hear hubs yelling at the top of his lungs at the television when Kermit Whitfield returned the kick off for a touchdown in the fourth quarter. I got to see the celebrations after the game which was awesome.

I wanted to share a few things in honor of the big win. First the video post-game summary and second a little video of our new championship flag.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...