Thursday, March 17, 2011

Siam Sushi Review

Siam Sushi opened last year when Hopkins moved to their new location in the Lake Ella Publix plaza here in Tallahassee. As their name suggests, they serve both Thai and Japanese specialties. My first visit, in January, was with my co-workers for our monthly lab lunch. I had Pad Thai, which was delicious. The portion was really big (maybe three times what I could eat) and came with a choice of Miso soup or salad. I had the soup, but wish I had ordered salad - it looked really good, especially the ginger dressing. For entrees, you have your choice of mild, medium, hot, or Thai hot. I ordered my Pad Thai mild and it was truly mild - no spiciness at all. Some of my co-workers ordered medium and hot and thought the spice levels were right on target for what they expected.  We all enjoyed our lunches (everyone ordered Thai - all twelve of us!) and the service was fast and friendly. It is definitely a place you can go for lunch and not worry about being late back to the office.

For date night with hubs on February 22nd I made my second trip to Siam Sushi. Hubs loves Thai, the spicier the better, so it was no surprise when he ordered the Red Curry Thai hot (pictured below). It had him sweating!! I ordered Pad Woon Sen in medium. It was delicious (a new favorite for me?) and just about as spicy as I could handle. Again the portions were large and we each had plenty to take home with us. We also enjoyed an appetizer of mussels that were tasty and unique - lots of good fresh Thai flavors in the broth. I have heard the sushi is also really good - sometime I'll have to break out of my Thai habit and try it. I hope you'll give Siam Sushi a try too!

Red Curry (with chicken)
Red curry paste, coconut milk, bamboo shoots, bell peppers, carrots, and fresh basil served with your choice of beef, chicken, or tofu.

Pad Woon Sen (with chicken)
(choice of chicken $10 or shrimp $12)
Stir fried glass noodles, eggs, shitake mushroom and mixed vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...