Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tweetup Recap and Little Italy Review

Last Friday I attended to my second local Tweetup. A Tweetup is a gathering of people who enjoy Twitter. As you know, I am a big fan of Twitter (for example: see here ) and love how it introduces me to new ideas and new people. I was a little nervous when I went to my first Tallahassee Tweetup last fall but we had a really nice time together chatting so I had no anxiety about attending another one. Plus it's great to put faces to names! (And I added "meeting Twitter friends in real life" to my 101 in 1001 list so that I would make time to attend events like these.)

This Tweetup was graciously organized by the Tallahassee Society of Association Executives.

TallySAE

@TallySAE Tallahassee, FL, USA
TLH Society of Assoc Execs is a phenom group of association execs & industry suppliers. We offer gr8 opps 2 network, learn abt leadership & build relationships.
http://www.tallysae.org

It was great to hear about the other attendees' jobs and tweeting (one woman tweets for 3 or 4 entities!). We had really great discussions and laughed a lot too. Altogether there were about ten of us there - some novices and others long-time tweeters. I'll list everyone at the end in case you want to follow them.

We held the Tweetup at Little Italy restaurant, which I hadn't visited before but really liked. They serve pizza, calzones and pasta at lunchtime. The service was great - friendly and quick. I am sure it can be hard to manage a large group when everyone is talking (instead of ordering) but the staff kept us on schedule and well-fed. We missed seeing Karen (aka @KTChavez and @BrknHrtsBigBend) who organized the event but was home with her son who wasn't feeling well.
 Alicia (aka @aliciawellman and @TallyMall) had the soup of the day and it looked delicious. I love that in this photo you can tell she is talking with her hands!

I had the baked ziti which was delicious - very hot (temperature-wise) and twice what I could eat. I really liked the sauce, and there was lots of it to dip bread in.

Nicole (aka @npeverett and @TallyLC) had a calzone that looked amazing. 

Little Italy has a nice courtyard too that is protected from the street too so it'd definitely be a nice place to stop by for a casual lunch. http://littleitalytally.com/default.aspx 

Here are the attendees - give them a follow!

@amy_z
@amy_z 
TwtBizCard Twitter
@Ann__Rogers
@Ann__Rogers 
TwtBizCard Twitter
@barineau
@barineau 
TwtBizCard Twitter
@biggreenpen
@biggreenpen 
TwtBizCard Blogger Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
@BrknHrtsBigBend
@BrknHrtsBigBend 
TwtBizCard Twitter
@EMACK1
@EMACK1 
TwtBizCard Twitter
@gptally
@gptally 
TwtBizCard Twitter
@KTChavez
@KTChavez 
TwtBizCard Twitter
@Little_Athens
@Little_Athens 
TwtBizCard Twitter
@Rachel_Lawley
@Rachel_Lawley 
TwtBizCard Twitter
@SuperSudsTally
@SuperSudsTally 
TwtBizCard Twitter
@TallyMall
@TallyMall 
TwtBizCard Twitter
@TallySAE
@TallySAE 
TwtBizCard Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...