Monday, September 20, 2010

FSU-BYU Game Recap

 I am an FSU football season-ticket holder, and since I missed the Samford game, Saturday's game against the BYU Cougars was my first of the year. It was a beautiful day in Tallahassee, sunny and warm, and I thought the humidity had moderated a bit (it was 55% at noon before we left for the game). I headed down to tailgate with some friends and still the day was quite pleasant. It was in the shade and there was a nice breeze. Even walking over the stadium the weather seemed reasonable.

Not so much inside the Doak... I roasted! But it was worth it, as the Seminoles came back from their loss at Oklahoma and showed some real spirit on the field. The final score was 34-10. I was especially impressed with #23, tailback Chris Thompson, who had 123 yards rushing and a touchdown. Running back #33 Ty Jones looked good too, and quarterback Christian Ponder, while still a little hesitant on the field, certainly got the job done. It was nice to see back up quarterback E.J. Manuel come in to play the final series too.
Chris Thompson
Ty Jones
E.J. Manuel
Love this photo because you can see the sun shining down on me.
BYU fans. At first it seemed like only men had come to Tallahassee, but it turned out the women and kids were out of the sun - I went into the concourse and saw lots of them. I talked to several of the BYU fans; they were all really nice.
Next home game is Saturday the 25th. Kickoff at 3:30pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...