|Parents-to-be Dan and Heather|
The party was a tribute to teamwork with all five of us contributing. Lindsey brought baked goods and this adorable cake:
Britain and Tara brought the drinks, Tara shopped for the group gifts and Jenn, Marc and I cooked. Check out Marc's beautiful fruit salad:
I meant to take pictures of all the food. The grits casserole turned out great, and at the end of this post I'll share the recipe for the Crustless Quiche (it was yummy!). Jenn made Chicken Dorito casserole and this amazing Krispy Kreme Donut Bread Pudding (from Paula Deen) to go with bacon and other goodies.
Britain made this adorable diaper cake for Peanut:
Didn't the favors turn out cute? They are Hershey bars. Jenn is so clever!
We had to have a group picture of all the Alpha Chis, of course.
|Kristen, Britain, Lindsey, Heather, Tara with me and Jenn in the front|
Adapted from this recipe
1 8-ounce package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed with all the liquid squeezed out
3 large tomatoes (I like Ugly Ripe tomatoes), seeded and chopped
2 1/2 cups Monterrey Jack cheese, grated
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup Gruyère cheese, grated
3 cups milk
2/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Prep chopped tomatoes by laying them in a single layer on a paper towel to absorb the excess moisture.
3. Butter a 9"x13" baking dish.
4. Place flour in a large bowl and add 1/2 a cup of milk at a time, stirring completely after each addition to guard against lumps. When the mixture is smooth, add the eggs, one at a time, whisking each in completely.
5. Add the remaining ingredients, stir well.
6. Pour into the buttered 9x13 baking dish.
7. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
8. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.