Friday, January 28, 2011

101 in 1001 (part one)

Inspired by Mandy's 101 in 1001 project, as promised in one of my new's years posts, I am putting together my own list of 101 things to do in the next 1001 days. This is a work in progress! I am taking suggestions - please add your thoughts in the comments section below!!

Here are the first 51 of my 101 things to do between January 28, 2011 and Thursday, October 25, 2013 (here's a nifty calculator that figures dates out easily)

1.  Try yoga
2.  Work out three times a week, four weeks in a row
3.  Run a 10k
4.  Surprise someone. (with a visit, flowers, something nice)
Celebrating the Peace Corps 50th Anniversary with Jenn
5.  Purge and donate old clothes from closets at least three times (0/3)
6.  Pay for the person behind me at a toll or drive thru
7.  Write 3 letters to a company when I receive great service (0/3)
8.  Leave a very big tip for a really great server.
9.  Take a cooking class
10. Implement Meatless Mondays 8 times on nights when all 3 of us are home
 --- 1. intro and first meatless Monday
11. Get a massage.
12. Try ten new restaurants (7/10)
Tweetup Recap and Little Italy Review 3-4-11
Mocking Bird Cafe 2-14-11
Siam Sushi Review 2-22-11
Midtown Filling Station 3-11-11
Avenue Eat and Drink 3-19-11
Vintage Bar and Bistro 5-13-11
Metropolis OBX 6-15-11
13. Update will/living will
14. Update financial papers in evacuation kit
15. Use/spend/donate all gift cards
16. Make a list of everything that must be done to finish the kitchen project and complete list.
17. Organize study so it can be used as work space
18. Paint the hallway - ceilings and trim, walls, and doors
19. Meet at least two bloggers/tweeps in person (not at same event). (2/2)
Tweetup Recap and Little Italy Review 3-4-11
Lunch with Mandy 4-2-11
20. Blog daily for 30 consecutive days (0/30)
21. Host a giveaway at my blog
Tornado Warning Review and Giveaway
22. Organize my google reader into folders
23. Complete the ProBlogger 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Challenge http://www.problogger.net/31-days-to-build-a-better-blog-join-9100-other-bloggers-today/
24. Shop local; complete a 3/50 project http://www.the350project.net/home.html
25. Buy something from etsy http://365thruamyseyes.blogspot.com/2011/02/etsy-shopping_08.html
26. Try 5 new apps (phone or desktop)
 - 1. Weatherbug (phone)
27. Make a photo book (like blurb)
28. Go on 3 dates a month for 12 months (0/12)
29. Plan three surprise dates for hubs
30. Have an overnight date, just the 2 of us
31. Figure out how to help T transition to and be successful in middle school
32. Research autism in teenagers
33. Make plans with a new friend
34. Send Christmas cards.
35. Have a double-date with friends once every other month (0/16)
36. Complete 365 days of personal correspondence
37. Get a custom embossed stamp made. http://365thruamyseyes.blogspot.com/2011/02/custom-stamps.html
38. Go on a vacation outside of the US
39. Take a girls only trip
40. Plan a family cruise with my brothers and their families
Compromised and instead went to the beach as a family! Posts from beach
41. Make a list of 5 must-see places in Cleveland and visit them.
42. Make a list of 5 must-see places in Tallahassee and visit them.
43. Set up a dropbox account.
44. Transfer files from computers to dropbox - make sure you have all photos especially.
45. Organize family and friend’s birthdays in one place.
46. Organize and inventory stationery .
47. Organize cookbooks and donate or give away ones we don't use.
48. Give 5 "I saw this and thought of you" gifts.
49. Send 10 postcards with postcrossing http://www.postcrossing.com/
50. Color every picture in a coloring book.
51. Make a bulletin board for the laundry room.
photo source
Seriously, I need your help filling out the second 50 items on my list - all suggestions will be given full consideration! Thanks!!

9 comments:

  1. Amy,

    Another blog I look in on from time to time has a life list. You might be able to get some inspiration, too. I like that yours are more manageable tasks (some of hers definitely require corporate sponsorship in order to come to fruition). http://mightygirl.com/mighty-life-list/.

    As for etsy, may I suggest this--http://www.etsy.com/listing/56693220/i-respond-lyre-wax-seal-necklace-in-fine?ref=sr_gallery_8&ga_search_query=lyre&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=2 or anything else that comes up when you search "lyre." :)

    Thanks for some great ideas,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    If you haven't tried yoga yet, may I suggest going to Journeys in Yoga on the corner of Park and Magnolia? Their classes are fantastic (I love the owner Suzanne's Hot and Open Flow classes) and the prices are very reasonable. I believe your first class is only $5. Also let me know if you'd like to try some classes at Good Friends to help with goal #2. Great list!
    Becca :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, thanks for the links! Wow her list is a serious one - I only included things on my list that I thought I could actually accomplish given a 2 1/2 year window. As cool as it would be to set foot on all 7 continents, I still have 4 to go and would need a decade to get all those places!

    Love love love the lyres on etsy. This is why I have such trouble shopping there... too hard to choose just one thing! Perhaps it's time to open my mind to multiple purchases. :)

    So glad you enjoyed the list,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca,

    I have heard so many great things about Journeys in Yoga! Thanks for your endorsement - I trust your opinion as my fittest friend!

    I'm hoping to start off a new fitness kick with some simple running. If that goes well, I may expand (or if it goes terribly I may be forced to look at other options!). I am little intimidated though by classes called Body Attack I have to admit. :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Amy! That's a hefty and challenging list - but very inspiring! What you are missing are some book/reading challenges! If it were me I'd add something in like- read 6 books from other's recommendations. Or read 6 books off the BBC 100 top books list (or something like that) Or even reread 6 favorite books!
    Also-Don't know if you've done this but I know that Steve and I have the goal this year of talking to N. about sex since he'll have the "sex talk" at school in May- and we want him a little prepared. I just got a book from amazon, "Teaching Children with Down Syndrome about Their Bodies, Boundaries, and Sexuality" by Terri Couwenhoven It's not just for D.S. kids, of course, and looks very promising. Now to give him the talk!
    Can't wait to see the rest of your list and may even make one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn/artitude,

    I agree I should have some book and/or reading challenges. I'm working on a blog post - did a little research and found out there are a ton of different book-related challenges out there. I'll try to pick a couple that are unique and interesting!

    Thanks for the recommendation of the DS book - I will definitely add that to my to-read list!!

    I'm so excited you are drafting a list, can't wait to see it!! I have about a dozen items for the second half of my list already so it shouldn't take too much longer before I'm ready to unveil it. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOu did number 4 last Friday, March 4, 2011! YOu surprised me at our RPCV-NF Peace Corps 50th Art from Our Countries show AND you brought me carnations. IT WAS AMAZING *** (note the tri-stars)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will have to blog about it! :) So happy I made you happy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...