Monday, January 31, 2011

365 Days of Personal Correspondence - 31 Day Update

mmmcrafts
It's the end of the first month of my year of personal correspondence and I wanted to share how it's going so far. The good news is I am ahead of schedule! I mailed 42 notes, cards and packages during January!

I thought the breakdown would be about half thank you notes and half other items but it hasn't played out that way thus far. In fact I only wrote 7 thank you notes this month. (Yes, my to-do list is waiting for me to catch up!)

In case you're interested, I also sent

  • 10 happy new year cards
  • 6 condolence notes
  • and the rest were a mix of just because, birthday, new home, engagement, retirement (etc.) cards
I feel a little like I'm exercising muscles I haven't used in awhile - sometimes the writing is easy and other times it is more a struggle and I have to start over fresh. But it feels good to be back in the game, and I'm looking forward to continuing to correspond!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work, Amy!

    While I'm not officially taking on this project, I'm definitely trying to make an effort to send more notes and reach out more. For example, I sent an email to a sister living in Asia that I haven't heard from in years. And I sent an email to J's SLP thanking her for the progress he's made over the past few months. That's just this past week. I will continue to do this, 'cause I think it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Was I one of your lucky recipients??? I must say it was nice to receive mail that a)was not a bill or b)was not addressed to "resident". As for your inquiry in that note....I'll have to work on it! Thanks for the note.....drop a line anytime!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...