Friday, January 14, 2011

365 Days of Personal Correspondence

Empress Stationery
Instead of trying a 365 Days of Thank Yous (which you can read about here and here), I am going to attempt 365 Days of Personal Correspondence in 2011. I'm hoping this will turn out to be about half thank you notes and half cards and notes for other reasons (birthdays, condolences, new babies, etc.).

I am following a format similar to the one John Kralik used in 365 Days of Thank Yous:

  • I've sent up an Excel spreadsheet to track the cards I'm sending. It has columns for the date, reason, name and address. I'm even drafting the thank you notes, and I have to say I enjoy revising - finding a new turn of phrase or extra bit to add makes the process even more enjoyable. I did not expect that to be the case.
  • I am not pressuring myself to write a card every single day; it's ok to do several at one time.
  • It's ok to write to the same person more than once.
  • I'm going to try to be as green as possible. That means using the cards I have before I buy more, and when I buy cards, looking for ones made from recycled paper or recycled materials.
If you're hoping for a card from me, please comment below! I don't want anyone to feel left out!

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Thought I'd share a great book with you -- http://www.amazon.com/personal-Guide-Writing-Notes-Style/dp/1595301119

    I use it often. You might find it helpful to write some of the more challenging notes that we often have to write. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely read it and report back! Thanks for the recommendation, Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE personal correspondence. Especially being away from home for the first time (okay, well now I'm three years into it...) I found that mail is such a day-maker. I try to keep in touch with HS friends from home via the internet but also enjoy dropping (gasp!) a real card in the mail. Good luck with your 365! I love all your fun project ideas. -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, thanks so much for your comment and your thoughts on personal correspondence. Your hs friends must love you and your card-sending ways! Thanks too for the good luck! I plan to post monthly updates on how it's going (so far it's been nothing but fun and I am ahead of schedule - I hope that's not a January anomaly!). LITB

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...