Saturday, January 8, 2011

Recapping My Favorite Seasonal Beers

My favorite holiday beer by far is Great Lakes Brewing Company's Christmas Ale (picture below is from Thanksgiving 2009) but for the rest of the list, my suggestions include only beers available to buy locally in Tallahassee. 
One word: YUM
The good news is there were lots of seasonal beers available in town for us to try and enjoy. I'm presenting them like a visual countdown - all were good but here they are all from my sure-I'd-drink-it-agains to my most favorite. Left to right: Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, Sweet Water Festive Ale, Hoppin' Frog Frosted Frog Christmas Ale, Rouge Yellow Snow IPA, Rogue Santa's Private Reserve

Harpoon Winter Warmer I like the design of the packaging and the beer's not bad either!
Weyerbacher Old Heathen - for Solstice!
Southern Tier Old Man Winter - a winner with me, both in the bottle and on tap.
Anchor Christmas Ale - fabulous! It was exciting to be able to purchase this locally this year (thank you Liquor Loft!). It's brewed a little differently every year and 2010 was definitely exceptional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...