Saturday, January 1, 2011

Some Ideas for the New Year

I have been reading lots of year end blog posts and articles and wanted to share two that were really interesting to me.

365 Thank Yous: The Year a Simple Act of Daily Gratitude Changed My LifeThe first comes from an Alpha Chi sister, Lori, who I met through Twitter (and who I was lucky enough to meet in person this summer at our AXO Convention Tweet-up!). It's called A Year of Thank Yous. The inspiration for the post (and project) came from a review of 365 Thank Yous: The Year a Simple Act of Daily Gratitude Changed My Life which is the story of how a man changed his life by writing a thank you note every day for a year. [I've downloaded the book to my kindle and am excited to read it!] Lori's post got me thinking about how bad I've gotten about writing actual letters and how much I enjoyed the practice. Definitely food for thought for the new year!

More food for thought comes from a post on The Art of Non-Conformity: Unconventional Strategies for Life, Work and Travel called How to Conduct Your Own Annual Review. I'm fascinated by the author's methodical approach to planning his upcoming year. There is even an excel file to download.

Over the next week or so I'll finish recapping the holidays and spending a little time looking back at 2010. Happy New Year and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...